- This event has passed.
ART at the Wagnalls
August 7 @ 3:00 pm - August 8 @ 9:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 11:00 am, repeating until August 8, 2020
Art, brats, and brews!
Come celebrate with us at the second annual “Art at the Wagnalls: Arts, Brats, and Brews,” an outdoor art and entertainment event.
This summer art festival promises to be bigger and better with extended days and more family fun!
This year’s festival, scheduled for Friday, August 7, 2020 (3 – 9 p.m.) and Saturday, August 8, 2020, (11 a.m. – 9 p.m.), is expected to attract even more vendors and attendees with some exciting additions planned for the family friendly weekend.
The festival will again feature many local artists who will be exhibiting and selling their paintings, photography, ceramics, jewelry, and other crafts. Like last year, the Wagnalls Memorial will award cash prizes for the top three art entries. Off-road enthusiasts will enjoy the latest lineup of Jeeps on the market, which will be displayed on the Wagnalls lawn.
Back again this year by popular demand, the band RAMEY will be featured on Saturday, August 8, 2020, from 6 – 8 p.m.
New highlights of this summer’s art festival include:
• Extended days: Friday, August 7, 3 – 9 p.m., and Saturday, August 8, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
• More live entertainment kicking off the excitement on Friday, August 7, 2020
• Second stage to accommodate extra performers
• Children’s art tent with free arts and crafts
• Free public art sessions where people can learn from the pros (likely instruction includes watercolor painting, jewelry making, wine and beer making, poetry writing, and quilt making)
Admission is free both days.
Ample free parking is available in the library parking lot (behind the library) and on the streets adjacent to the library.
Artist vendor application
The Wagnalls Memorial is inviting talented artists to become an art vendor for Art at the Wagnalls.
Set up will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, with guests beginning to arrive at 3 p.m. Set up on Saturday begins at 8:30 a.m., with guests arriving at 11 a.m. The festival will conclude at 9 p.m. You will have an area reserved for you to display your pieces to sell to guests. This is an outdoor event, so bring your own tent.
The event includes live music, retail vendors, interactive media, food, and beverages. Wagnalls will also be awarding Best in Show ($500), Runner-up ($250), and Second Runner-up ($150) cash prizes for art entries.
- Early Bird Fee: $50 before May 20, 2020 at 5 p.m. | Regular fee: $75 from May 20, 2020 – June 24, 2020
- A 20 percent portion on sales up to $1,000 during each festival/event will complete your participation fee
– The maximum out of pocket fee from an artist/vendor payment would be $250